The Small Earth Nepal (SEN)’s core mission is to focus on conservation activities, such as campaigning against the overexploitation of earth’s limited resources and in engaging the public through programs that teach individuals of all ages and background on how to minimize their impacts on those natural resources. Such activities are intended to motivate individuals and organizations, academic institutes, private businesses, and government agencies to pursue sustainable development and system-resilient choices in their day to day workings. SEN is committed to achieve a balance in human-environment interactions through original research that enhances the knowledge framework that provides the reference to both policy and advocacy processes and through diffused activities that affect changes in everyday lives of individuals regardless of background.
SEN is recruiting three (3) committed and motivated interns to play a supportive role in the implementation of its different programs and projects. We encourage applications from skilled and motivated recent graduates to serve as interns in the following three positions:
1. Research intern (1 position)
2. Administration and Finance intern (1 position)
3. Outreach and Public Relations intern (1 position)
The selected interns will be working full-time in the Kathmandu office for a period of at least three months under the guidance of SEN program coordinators. If the internship is successful there is a possibility of extension in an appropriate position within SEN.
Internships are open to those who have a strong desire to gain experience in a hands-on working environment. Applicants will have a completed a relevant bachelor’s degree but preference will be given to those who have completed or are in the final year of a relevant master’s degree.
Position Descriptions for interns
Research Intern (Application closed )
1. Collect and analyze data and information in coordination with research coordinator undertaking different research projects in SEN.
2. Maintain data and research records in a systematic manner and retrieve as necessary.
3. Assist in literature review, preparing presentations, analytical contributions, concept notes, project proposals as well as other products and tools that will facilitate research work and dissemination of research findings.
4. Support in coordinating seminars, conferences, and meetings related to the research projects.
5. Support in the preparation and distribution of reports, translate, proofread and review documents, facilitate exchange of information and prepare technical documents and presentations.
6. Facilitate communication among stakeholders, donors, and partners associated with the research projects.
7. Good command of the English language.
8. Other tasks/duties as requested by the research coordinator.
Administration and Finance Intern
1. Prepare financial documents for payment.
2. Assist in preparation of official events (Workshop, Seminars).
3. Assist in development of template forms/letters.
4. Assist in keeping track of all contracts, and ensure that payments and repayments are made on time.
5. Carry out procurement procedures including preparing request forms, collecting quotation and preparing purchase orders.
6. Assist in official work related to Social Welfare Council, District Coordination Committee, tax office and other relevant organizations.
7. Good command of the Nepali and English languages.
8. Other tasks/duties as assigned by the administration and finance coordinators.
Outreach and Public Relations Intern
1. Support in coordinating seminars, conferences, and meetings organized by SEN and its collaborators.
2. Support in the preparation and distribution of reports, translate, proofread and review documents, facilitate exchange of information and prepare technical documents and presentations.
3. Facilitate communication among stakeholders, donors, and partners associated with SEN programs.
4. Assist in updating the website and social pages of SEN.
5. Good command of the English language.
6. Other tasks/duties as requested by the program coordinator.
Send a most recent detailed CV with a letter of interest to SEN (email@example.com) explaining your motivation and a description of what you hope to achieve during your internship. Specify your main skills and interests and how they will support your success in the position.
Please indicate the internship position that you are applying for in the subject heading of your application email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. Candidates selected for interview will be required to provide details of two (2) professional referees.