Annually World Water Day (WWD) is held on March 22 and World Meterological Day (WMD) on March 23. In Nepal too, these days used to be commemorated by different organizations working in water, climate and weather sector through different activities. However, there was lacking of a joint effort of all stakeholders to come up in a single platform to advocate water issues in Nepal for better management of freshwater resources and sustainable utilization. Realizing this gap The Small Earth Nepal (SEN) along with Water and Energy Commission Secretariat (WECS)/GoN and many other organizations initiated to connect all water stakeholders at a common platform through Nepal National Water and Weather Week (NNWWW), a national level network of the stakeholders to commemorate WWD and WMD, to initiate dialogue on water issues in a joint effort since 2009. The NNWWW which is chaired by WECS and over 45 organization including Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (DHM) and other governmental and non-governmental organizations, private sectors, academia, and youth led organizations involve together. SEN has been serving as the secretariat for NNWWW since its beginning.
NNWWW initiated a concept of Nepal Water Forum (NWF) that works as an umbrella association for the institutions and organizations in water climate and weather sectors.
We are recruiting one committed and motivated Program Assistant to play a supportive role in the implementation of NNWWW-2018. We encourage applications from skilled and motivated recent graduates for the required position.
• Good knowledge and skills of handling MS Package, internet and email with excellent typing skill.
• Good communication skills in Nepali and English.
• Good skill and knowledge organizing meetings with stakeholders, conducting meetings and taking minutes/notes.
• Good skill and knowledge to write activity narrative report in Nepali and English and provide information to Program Coordinator.
• Basic knowledge of financial management (record keeping, collecting bills, banking transactions etc.) would be an additional advantage.
• Good coordination skills.
Send a most recent detailed CV with a letter of interest to SEN (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining your motivation and a description of what you hope to achieve. Specify your skills and interests and how they will support your success in the position.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. Candidates selected for interview will be required to provide details of two professional referees. The deadline will be open until the required position will be fulfilled.